The Paradise Water Tower, a WPA project of 1937 was completed in 1938. This piece of art stands 65 feet tall and holds 58,000 gallons of water. It is the only one of it’s kind in Kansas.
In January of 2007, it was named to the National Register of Historic Places by the U.S. Department of the Interior Nationals Parks Service.
Paradise is a beautiful little town on Paradise Creek, laid out by the Kansas City Town Site Co., in about 1888. For years Paradise has had its own Angels living there, and still do.
3 miles west of highways 281 & K-18 junction
The Russell County
Historical Society & Genealogy Society
Russell County Historical Society and Genealogy Society
P. O. Box 245 or 331 Kansas Street Russell, Ks 67665
Phone (785) 483-3637
Copyright © 2013 All Rights Reserved by Russell County Historical Society and Genealogy Society, Russell, KS
Web design and Promotion by MEH Marketing Solutions